Bilingual Roofing Instructor
August Roofing is seeking a Full-Time Roofer Instructor who will be primarily responsible for conducting on the job led training for new employees, and continued training and support to our workforce. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an organization that has been established for over 29 years. August Roofing exists to redefine Professionalism in the roofing industry.
The ideal candidate should have significant experience leading roofing crews focusing on quality, efficiency, safety and is knowledgeable of all types of roofs, specially tile roofs. The right candidate must be a charismatic educator and someone who can communicate their ideas clearly and effectively. In addition, the right person will be patient, persistent, organized, adaptive and is passionate about training and showing people their love for Roofing.
We offer excellent pay and have Year-round work available and guaranteed.
Why Join Our team?
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Company Truck
- Tools Provided
- Aflac Insurance Policy
- Zurich Work Insured
- Opportunities for career development and advancement
- In the job promotion
- Loan program
- 6 paid holidays to enjoy with family
- 5 Sick paid days
- One-week Paid Vacation the first year and an extra paid week the following year.
- Free weekends-Saturday and Sunday off
- A company that embraces people, principle, and purpose
- You will feel appreciated, valued, and rewarded for your hard work
- Owners and Managers are employee focused
Who is our perfect employee?
- Humble and hardworking individual who works smart and has pride on his work.
- Someone who is good in team environments, wants to learn and make a rewarding career
- A self-motivated, honest, and open person, especially when things do not go as planned
- Great attendance, someone reliable
- Fun, generally happy and nice - We want workers with a positive attitude.
- Mature professionals that want to make great money and have a growth mindset.
- Loyal - always promoting the company, helping employees, and taking care of clients
- Someone who loves to build things and likes working outside, and not afraid of heights
- Bilingual English and Spanish, a plus
- Provide training during onboarding to our new employees
- Follow up with on the job training for our new employees
- Work with current supervisors to train and support new employees
- Collaborate in the coordination of instructor led training for workforce including mentorship and troubleshooting for workforce.
- Help to develop a training program that will ensure continued learning for new and current workers
- Help to develop a clear path for new employees to become effective roofers
- Provide support with safety compliance and adherence
- Actively promote a culture of safety, professionalism, and positive reinforcement
- Constantly learning for new materials and new technologies in the field
- Create written or visual content to facilitate training
- minimum three years of management or leadership position
- at least 5 years working as a roofer, preferably having extensive experience doing tile roofs
- basic computer skills and cloud applications
- knowledge of Microsoft programs such as Word and PowerPoint
- Valid Driver’s license with the ability to drive dump trucks and forklifts proficiently
Nature of Work:
The nature of the work requires performance of heavy work such as lifting, carrying, and moving tools, equipment and supplies weighing up to 110 pounds for distances up to 100 feet; constant bending, reaching, pulling, climbing, balancing, and squatting at considerable heights and pitches often in adverse weather conditions.
What to do and who to contact if you are interested?
To apply for this position, apply below or please contact our Workforce Coordinator, Jorge Quezada at (805) 360-5592.