The new year has always been associated with fresh starts, new beginnings, and opportunities for change and growth. Bring this energy into 2021 and start by setting some resolutions for your home in the new year. Your goal setting can be as large or as small as you want; just remember, you’ll always feel better about the goals you accomplish!
We’ve compiled a list of our home resolutions for the new year. Keep this checklist on hand throughout the year to hold yourself accountable to your home and goals.
Clean Your Gutters
Clean your gutters! This might sound like a small task that you can put off for a while, but keeping your gutters clear and free of debris is incredibly vital to the health and structure of your home.
When gutters clog with leaves, twigs, or other debris, it forces the water that would otherwise flow through them to rise up and over the barrier and onto your roof or down the side of your home. Consistent contact between your home and water could lead to water damage and mold down the road.
Lower Your Bills and Expenses
There are always ways to save money on your bills and expenses! An easy way to do this is by turning off lights when you leave a room or shutting the water off when you’re brushing your teeth!
A big way to save money and lower your energy usage is by installing solar panels. To learn more about what solar can do for you and your home, contact our team of solar experts!
Figure Out a Weekly Cleaning System
The easiest way to keep your home clean is to create a list of all of the cleaning duties that need to be dealt with every week, then break that list down into tasks that need to be completed daily and tasks that need to be completed weekly.
On a daily basis, we recommend getting these tasks taken care of before everyone goes to bed.
- Put dirty dishes in the dishwasher.
- Throw dirty clothes in the laundry basket.
- Hang or fold clean clothes and put them back where they belong.
- Put all items, tools, and toys back where they belong.
There’s a bit more to tackle on a weekly basis, but don’t worry because you have all week to get it done. Break out this list day by day to make it more attainable.
- Clean the toilets. Yes, this needs to be done every week in order to keep them sparkling.
- Scrub your kitchen appliances. Focus mainly on the big ones like your stove, oven, microwave, and refrigerator. If you have little kids, you’re familiar with the grubby fingerprints all over the stainless steel.
- Vacuum and clean the carpets. The longer you let dirt and stains sit on your carpets, the more they soak in and the harder they become to remove.
- Clean the bathroom. Spray some scrubbing bubbles on the shower walls, wipe down the counters, and clean the mirrors of any water spots.
To make cleaning your house a breeze, enlist the help of your family! Even if they are assigned to only clean their bedrooms and bathrooms, that’s a few rooms you won’t have to worry about. And remember, the more cleaning you get done during the week, the more time you’ll have on the weekends for fun activities!
If your home resolution checklist includes your roof or solar panels, then contact our experts for assistance!
Houseguests are few and far between these days, so make sure you leave a positive impression on your friends and family with an organized home, from the home exterior to the entryway and even the bathrooms.