Combined Roofing & Solar Installation
Can I Get a New Roof & Solar Panels at the Same Time?
One of the most common questions we receive from customers looking to switch to solar is whether or not their current roof can support a solar energy system. Should you reroof your house before installing solar panels? For customers whose roof is 30 years old or more, the answer isn’t always one they like to hear—without proper care and maintenance, you may need a serious roof refresh or even a total roof replacement to protect your property before installing a solar energy system. However, here at August Roofing & Solar, we are one of the only companies that can say we are uniquely equipped to handle situations just like these.
At August, we offer comprehensive roof replacement and solar installation services as a combined package, offering you the improved protection your property needs as well as the renewable energy system you want. We use premium materials and highly-trained techniques to complete your roof installation and we combine it with a solar mounting service to create the perfect solution for your home’s future. This program is not a lease—you own the system for good, and that adds significant value to your home.
August Roofing & Solar is a fully integrated roofing and solar contractor. We don’t send anything off to subcontractors—we do everything ourselves with highly-trained crews of company experts. Because we work in both trades, we are one of the only solar contractors that both use and install code-compliant watertight attachment systems. These specialized solar installation systems help you avoid an improperly installed solar system, which is the number-one cause of premature roof failure.
Learn more about our combined roofing and solar installation services by calling August Roofing & Solar at (805) 519-8099 today!
August is a SunPower Solar Systems Dealer, an Industry Leader
SunPower’s has a long history in the industry and their incredible longevity means you can expect total peace of mind and a great selection of premium products. SunPower has been in business for more than 36 years and globally has installed more than 13.2 GW of solar capacity to date. That's enough solar capacity to power over 7.5 million homes each year! SunPower solar panels are the most efficient and durable technology on the market, offering outstanding durability and great warranties.
How much value does a new roof and solar add to your home? Check out a few case studies from real customers who have had their home reroofed and solar installed at the same time:
Case Study #1
Demographic: Younger Simi Valley couple, 2 young kids with newly purchased home.
Roof situation: 40-year-old tile roof with a bad leak that needed all new sheet metal and underlayment.
Electrical bill: $ 1,776 annual / $ 148 average monthly.
New solar information: 5040 KW system producing a 131% offset of current electrical annual usage (we oversized the system to anticipate the growing family’s additional electrical needs).
New roof information: Full Reroof – “Tile Reset” with all new sheet metal and 2 layers of underlayment.
Loan information: $0 down, 25 years at 3.49% for a monthly payment of $ 168.00
Estimated savings: $22,668 over 25 years, assuming a 4% yearly electrical inflation rate
Notes: Customer was going to put the cost of the partial repair on the credit card and went to having the entire roof repair they needed with a solar system that they wanted for only 20.00 a month extra out of their pocket.
Case Study #2
- Demographic: Middle-aged Moorpark couple, 2 high school-aged kids in a home they have lived in for 10 years.
- Roof situation: Worn-out asphalt shingle roof multiple leaks major dry rot damage. Needed immediate replacement.
- Electrical bill: $ 2,916 annual / $ 243 average monthly.
- New solar information: 8610 KW system producing a 105% offset of current electrical annual usage.
- New roof information: Full reroof.
- Loan information: $0 down, 25 years at 1.99% for a monthly payment of $ 210.00
- Savings: $43,051 over 25 years, assuming a 4% yearly electrical inflation rate
Notes: Customer had no ability to pay for or finance a new roof (hence why their current roof was in such bad shape). They went from a dilapidated roof to having the entire roof repair they needed, the solar system that they wanted, and added $30 a month extra back into their budget.
Case Study #3
- Demographic: Retired Thousand Oaks couple in a home they have lived in for 20 years.
- Roof situation: Worn-out asphalt shingles; no leaks, but due for replacement soon.
- Electrical bill: $ 3,072 annual / $ 256 average monthly.
- New solar information: 7560 KW system producing a 105% offset of current electrical annual usage.
- New roof information: Full reroof.
- Loan information: $ 5000 down 15 years at 1.99% for a monthly payment of $ 293.00
- Savings: $ 65,766 over 25 years assuming a 4% yearly electrical inflation rate
Notes: Customer was going pay cash for the roof they had the money in savings instead they used about a quarter of the money for a down payment to shorten the term and increase their long-term savings. They now having the new roof they needed with a solar system that they wanted for only 37.00 a month extra out of their pocket.
Want to find out how much replacing your roof and installing solar can save you over the next 25 years or more? Contact August Roofing & Solar today!