Simi Valley Skylight Installation
Embrace Natural Lighting, Call August Roofing and Solar
The sun is more than just nature’s heat source—it’s also nature’s humongous flashlight. Sunlight allows us to see the world around us in brilliant luminance, but we often lose this light by putting a roof over our heads. While this may be preferred in some situations, natural light is an ideal way of brilliantly lighting the inside of your home without the hefty energy costs that can come from high-wattage bulbs. At August Roofing and Solar, we can help you harness the power of natural sunlight to illuminate your home by installing robust and durable skylight system.
Take advantage of the light of the sun to make your home brighter and more welcoming! Call August Roofing and Solar at (805) 519-8099 to learn more today about our skylight installations in Simi Valley and beyond.
Types of Skylights
There is a skylight for virtually every room in your home. Likewise, many skylights come in a variety of sizes and styles. Lower-cost skylights are typically made of robust plastics designed to withstand the abuse of the sun and the elements for as long as they can, but they will eventually wear out and need to be replaced. Glass skylights typically require a bigger investment, but will generally last longer before needing to be replaced.
The Three Primary Types of Skylights Are:
- Fixed: Fixed skylights are for areas that will be out of reach under normal circumstances. They do not provide ventilation, cannot be opened, and are often covered by a plastic or glass bubble to provide protection and heat control.
- Vented: Vented skylights are essentially windows that are placed into your roof, complete with the ability to crack open in order to allow ventilation. For rooms like loft areas or bedrooms that are located immediately beneath your roof, one of these skylights can provide tons of additional light as well as temperature-balancing ventilation.
- Tubular: Tubular lights are dramatically different from vented or fixed lights because they do not provide a direct window to the outdoors. Instead, these systems typically collect light through a small dome that is installed on the outside of your roof, which is then carried to an area of your home down below, such as a hallway, foyer, or bathroom, through a reflective tube. These lights are idea for rooms that are located beneath an attic.
Benefits of Skylights
There are loads of different reasons to want to install a skylight. Some people want to simply add some additional light to areas of their home that just don’t get a ton of it. Other times people are looking for a cost-effective way of increasing light without increasing energy costs. Skylights allow you to do all of this and more.
Reasons to Install a Skylight in Your Home:
- Improved energy efficiency: Because you won’t have to run electric powered lights during daylight hours, skylights help you save energy, thus saving you money.
- Improve low-light areas: Got a space in your home that feels dark and dull? Skylights can brighten these areas up significantly!
- Modern features: Many modern skylights give you full control over incoming light with motorized shades that are remote operated to darken rooms and offer extra heat protection.
- Bigger-feeling home: Skylights are great for helping you make your room feel bigger and more open, thus helping your home feel more spacious without actually adding any square footage.
- Flexibility: Skylights come in a variety of styles and sizes in order to fit on virtually any roof surface, including both flat and sloped roofs.
With features like UV-protective coatings, heat-reducing glass, and even motorized shades, these features are great for nearly any room in your home.
Ready to Invest in a Skylight? Give Our Team a Call Today!
August Roofing and Solar is the name to call for local expertise and quality craftsmanship when it comes to rooftop installations. Our experienced roofing crews can outfit your home with whatever type of skylight you are looking for. Looking to liven up your living room with the power of natural sunlight? We’ll outfit your space with brilliant and tasteful skylights that do just that. Looking to naturally illuminate a closet, bathroom, or other space? Give us a call and we’ll get it done. We work with a wide variety of quality products, and we make sure every new installation is completed properly and adheres to all best practices for durability and integrity.
Interested in installing a skylight in Simi Valley? Contact August Roofing and Solar today.