Tile Proficient Roofer
August Roofing is seeking a Full-Time Tile Proficient Roofer with preferably 3 years of experience specializing in Tile Roofing who will work out of our Ventura County, CA location. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an organization that has been established for over 29 years. August Roofing exists to redefine Professionalism in the roofing industry.
The Tile roofer is responsible for installing mostly tile Roofs and occasionally other types of roofs and ensure that building structures meet build orders specifications and are constructed error-free.
We offer excellent pay, $17 to $30 dollars dependent on experience. We have Year-round work available and guaranteed.
Why Join Our team?
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Company Truck
- Generous Bonus Program
- Tools Provided
- Aflac Insurance Policy
- Zurich Work Insured
- Opportunities for career development and advancement
- In the job promotion
- Loan program
- 6 paid holidays to enjoy with family
- 4 Sick paid days
- One-week Paid Vacation
- Free weekends-Saturday and Sunday off
- Great morning hours shifts (7:00 AM – 3:30 PM)
- A company that embraces people, principle and purpose
- You will feel appreciated, valued and rewarded for your hard work
- Owners and Managers are employee focused
Who is our perfect employee?
- Humble and hardworking individual who works smart and has pride on his work.
- Someone who is good in team environments, wants to learn and make a rewarding career
- A self-motivated, honest and open person, especially when things do not go as planned
- Great attendance, someone reliable
- Fun, generally happy and nice - We want workers with a positive attitude.
- Mature professionals that want to make great money and have a growth mindset.
- Loyal - always promoting the company, helping employees, and taking care of clients
- Someone who loves to build things and likes working outside, and not afraid of heights
- Bilingual English and Spanish, not necessary but a plus
- Installs, maintains, repairs and reroofs a variety of roofs by replacing broken slate, tile or shingle, applying additional layers of cap sheet over a built-up roof and removing old cap sheet/felt.
- Cleans and prepares roof surfaces and replaces with new roofing material when necessary.
- Safely lifts and handles roofing materials such as asphalt, gravel, ply sheets, Torch On, and mineral surfaced cap sheets with a variety of hand tools such as axes, razor knives, tin snips and flat bars.
- Assembles, operates, and maintains equipment in a safe and proper manner such as hoists, cranes, asphalt kettles, ladders, brackets, planks and fall protection.
- Secures equipment to ensure safety and prevent damage to buildings, equipment and supplies or prevent injury to personnel.
- Inspects existing roof surfaces (membranes, tile, etc.) for roof or systems failure as part of an on-going preventive maintenance program.
- Drives company vehicles to work site and/or to pick up and transport equipment and supplies.
- Ability to carry out instructions communicated in writing, orally, or in diagram form
- Cut and shape materials, joining them with nails, screws or glue
- Check work along the way to ensure it’s up to code and meets build order specifications
- Must be willing to learn and work in other areas of the build process
- Aligns roofing material with edge of roof, and overlaps successive layers, gauging distance of overlap with chalk line, gauge on shingling hatchet, or by lines on shingles.
- Fastens composition shingles or sheets to roof with asphalt, cement, or nails.
- Cuts strips of flashing and fits them into angles formed by walls, vents, and intersecting roof surfaces.
Nature of Work:
The position requires driver’s a valid license with the ability to drive dump trucks and forklifts proficiently. The nature of the work requires performance of heavy work such as lifting, carrying, and moving tools, equipment and supplies weighing up to 110 pounds for distances up to 100 feet; constant bending, reaching, pulling, climbing, balancing, and squatting at considerable heights and pitches often in adverse weather conditions.
What to do and who to contact if you are interested?
To apply for this position, apply below or please contact our Workforce Coordinator, Jorge Quezada at (805) 360-5592.
We are an equal opportunity employer.