If you haven’t already adopted solar energy, now is the time. Countless homeowners are ditching the grid and going solar because there are many amazing benefits. Solar panels and solar battery backups can help you minimize your dependence on the grid, reduce or eliminate your electrical bills, keep your home powered during natural disasters, minimize your environmental impact, give you more control over your energy consumption, increase the value of your property, and so much more. To invest in solar is to invest in a brighter future.
Continue reading to discover additional benefits of installing solar panels and solar battery backups in your home.
The Solar Investment Tax Credit
The Solar Investment Tax Credit (ITC) was created in 2006 in an effort to motivate home and business owners across the country to adopt clean energy. This federal tax credit reduces the federal income taxes that qualifying homeowners are responsible for paying. Previously, the ITC was set to phase down in 2021, but Congress passed a two-year delay to give homeowners more time to make their transition to renewable energy.
Below is the most up-to-date residential ITC schedule:
- 2021: Homeowners will receive a 26% tax credit after installing qualifying solar systems in their homes.
- 2022: Homeowners will receive a 26% tax credit after installing qualifying solar systems in their homes.
- 2023: Homeowners will receive a 22% tax credit after installing qualifying solar systems in their homes.
- 2024: Homeowners will receive a 0% tax credit after installing qualifying solar systems in their homes.
California Rebates & Incentives
In addition to the federal tax incentives, there are a variety of local rebates and incentives for California residents.
Some of California’s solar incentives include:
- The Single-Family Affordable Solar Homes (SASH) program
- The Multifamily Affordable Solar Homes (MASH) program
- The Self-Generation Incentive Program (SGIP)
- Net Energy Metering (NEM)
To learn more about these local rebates and incentives, please reach out to August Roofing and Solar. We are more than happy to walk you through your options to ensure you take full advantage of these special offers.
Ditch Your Electrical Bill with August Roofing and Solar on Your Side!
Ready to make the switch? We thought you might be. Luckily, August Roofing and Solar makes it easy as can be to adopt solar energy. Backed by 35+ years of service experience in solar and roofing, our team has forged excellent relationships with top manufacturers, such as SunPower®, to provide you with the latest and greatest solar technology on the market.
When you turn to August Roofing and Solar for a SunPower solar installation, you can enjoy:
- A free consultation
- A 10-year 99% fixed interest rate
- A 25-year power and product warranty
Simply put, you can’t afford to not go solar. Our service professionals are here to make your solar journey seamless from start to finish. Give us a call to schedule your free consultation, and we will explain your options to you before installing the perfect system for your home.
Call (805) 519-8099 to get started. We look forward to serving you!